Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stéphane BERTHELOT <sb...@emisfr.com> on 2008/07/11 11:37:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod usertrack Cookie while 3xx redirect

Hello everyone,

I've spent some time trying to figure out why my Usertrack cookies were
not sent while doing a 3xx redirect.

I had the same problem with custom Headers set using the header command
(everything in an .htaccess file)

To get the header I have to put the "always" condition so that they get
added.
Since I've had a look at mod_headers.c and mod_usertrack.c and it seems
the redirection is using f->r->err_headers_out instead of f->r->headers
_out (while f is ap_filter_t*)

So my question is, what is the best way to achieve what I want ? (put
usertrack cookies while redirecting)
(I forgot to say that I don't want to use a script language like PHP for
performance reasons)

1- Use some rewrite magic (internal redirect, proxy ?) to get the
headers sent using for example a local redirect (which seems to add the
headers), then a 3xx redirect (but I can't get them at that phase)
2- make a small patch to add a similar directive (CookieAlwaysSend ?)
that also adds usertrack cookie header to f->r->err_headers_out (should
I also add a error filter to the chain in that case ?)
3- use some other magic to get the internal current value of usertrack
cookie in rewrite rules (getting the value of f->r->headers_out if it
has already been filled by usertrack would be great) and then add the
cookie manually

I've tried using the CO directive from mod_rewrite and those cookies are
correctly added in 3xx redirects...

Maybe I'm completely mistaken and I should not put cookies in redirect
doing a 3xx redirect would do the trick but I'm not sure about Browser
compatibility ...
If I'm mistaken it would be great to have some pointers to understand why.

Thanks in advance,

Stephane.

--
(Logo EmisFr)