Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Me...@gxs.com on 2006/03/08 14:07:14 UTC

RE: How to access command line arguments passed to Ant. How to search Ant manual

I have a .bat file that starts Ant with the parameters that the user
specifies. The reason I want to use the argument instead of using -D is
that different targets have different parameters passed to them. For
example, if I am building my test tool, the second parameter should be
the server name, if I am building a package, the second parameter should
be the package type. Unless I make the .bat file know about different
targets and set -Dserver in the first case and -DpackageType in the
second case, I have to use something generic like -Darg2=%2. It seems
more elegant if the .bat file did not have to know about different
arguments, it would just pass them to Ant(along with the target) and the
Ant file would use the arguments as needed. Since there does not seem to
be a way to do that, I have resorted to using the -Darg2 approach.

Thanks,

Mehdi Rakhshani

BES-IT Development, GXS

813-496-3624

Posted by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com>.
This was discussed on the mailing list a couple of times...here a link to the latest time is was discussed:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=113040722211523&w=2

(And a reasonable solution is offered, yea !!)