Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hollerman Geralyn M <gm...@louisiana.edu> on 2004/02/11 21:08:53 UTC

cookies, Safari, and Tomcat

I'm trying to figure out some behavior I'm seeing only when I use Safari
(v1.25 - downloaded from the Apple site last week) and Tomcat. This
involves cookies. I am using Tomcat 5.0.16. I have written a servlet
that sends a cookie back to the server for use later on; I can see this
cookie when using Mozilla, Netscape, or IE when I look at a list of
cookies. I also see the JESSIONID cookie that Tomcat uses in this list.
However, when I use Safari, I see the JESSIONID cookie, but not the
cookie I created. I'm not sure what the reason is for this; if I didn't
do something in my code, I'd like to find out what it is, and for this
I'd imagine I'd have to look thru the Tomcat source and see what's done
when the JSESSIONID cookie is created. Unfortunately, I can't seem to
find this.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? How should I deal with it? Or can
someone point me to the program where the JESSSIONID cookie for Tomcat
is created?

Thanks!
--
Lynn Hollerman.

Re: cookies, Safari, and Tomcat

Posted by Aadi Deshpande <ma...@clubmom-inc.com>.
Hollerman Geralyn M wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out some behavior I'm seeing only when I use
> Safari (v1.25 - downloaded from the Apple site last week) and Tomcat.
> This involves cookies. I am using Tomcat 5.0.16. I have written a
> servlet that sends a cookie back to the server for use later on; I can
> see this cookie when using Mozilla, Netscape, or IE when I look at a
> list of cookies. I also see the JESSIONID cookie that Tomcat uses in
> this list. However, when I use Safari, I see the JESSIONID cookie, but
> not the cookie I created. I'm not sure what the reason is for this; if
> I didn't do something in my code, I'd like to find out what it is, and
> for this I'd imagine I'd have to look thru the Tomcat source and see
> what's done when the JSESSIONID cookie is created. Unfortunately, I
> can't seem to find this.
>
> Has anyone seen this behavior before? How should I deal with it? Or
> can someone point me to the program where the JESSSIONID cookie for
> Tomcat is created?
>
> Thanks!

What is the cookie version of the cookie that you created?  We've
noticed some odd behaviour when using cookies and that magically went
away when we started using version  0 cookies.

-a