Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Jamie L. Mascherino" <jm...@learnframe.com> on 2001/02/16 20:00:48 UTC

Cocoon 1.8.2 on Bea WLS 5.1 and Windows NT 4.0 SP5

We have several environments here at my company. I run on Windows 2000
Professional. We've also installed cocoon on Solaris.

However, we've just tried to install on a Windows NT 4.0 SP5 Workstation and
Cocoon can't find the WEB-INF folder (even though our setup is exactly the
same on all platforms). What's the difference?

Also, is Cocoon 1.8.2 supported on Windows NT 4.0 Server?

Jamie L. Mascherino
jmascherino@learnframe.com

Re: Cocoon 1.8.2 on Bea WLS 5.1 and Windows NT 4.0 SP5

Posted by Jonathan Fuerth <fu...@sqlpower.ca>.
On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 12:00:48PM -0700, Jamie L. Mascherino wrote:
> However, we've just tried to install on a Windows NT 4.0 SP5 Workstation and
> Cocoon can't find the WEB-INF folder (even though our setup is exactly the
> same on all platforms). What's the difference?

We too use solaris for serious work (I try to use unix for all work,
but the ubiquity of windows impedes that sometimes).  Unfortunately,
last week I put tomcat 3.2.1 and cocoon 1.8.2 on an NT4SP6 (I think
it's SP6 anyway) machine.

I had the problem you mention. I found two surprising things during my
little troubleshooting session:

 -filename case actually matters, even though this is NT
 -in some places, it makes a difference whether or not you use
  a slash or backslash

So in the case of web.xml:
 -The pathname given in WEB-INF\web.xml to cocoon.properties must
  be relative (it says so in the install doc) AND you must use a
  backslash here (not mentioned in the install doc).

Hope this helps.

Jontahan Fuerth