Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org> on 2005/07/06 14:27:01 UTC

[M2] Issues with POM documentation

I looked in the mailing lists and in JIRA to see if this had been reported
and I didn't find it.. Please excuse me if this is a duplicate report.

It looks as if the XML schema is out of sync with the POM documentation page.

The following fragment from the POM's documentation page does not appear in
the published XSD:

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven-model/maven.html

<executions>
   <pluginExecution>
     <id/>
     <phase/>
     <goals/>
     <inherited/>
     <configuration/>
   </pluginExecution>
</executions>

Maven 2 XSD http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd

In addition, in a post from the Maven User mailing list the following
fragment was reported to work, and it matches neither of the published formats:

         <executions>
           <execution>
             <goals>
               <goal>sablecc</goal>
             </goals>
           </execution>
         </executions>

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=112064009313457&w=2

Would someone please sync the various documents with the code?

Re: [M2] Issues with POM documentation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 08:27 -0400, Andy Glick wrote:
> I looked in the mailing lists and in JIRA to see if this had been reported
> and I didn't find it.. Please excuse me if this is a duplicate report.
>
> It looks as if the XML schema is out of sync with the POM documentation page.
>
> The following fragment from the POM's documentation page does not appear in
> the published XSD:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven-model/maven.html
>
> <executions>
>    <pluginExecution>
>      <id/>
>      <phase/>
>      <goals/>
>      <inherited/>
>      <configuration/>
>    </pluginExecution>
> </executions>
>
> Maven 2 XSD http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd
>
> In addition, in a post from the Maven User mailing list the following
> fragment was reported to work, and it matches neither of the published formats:
>
>          <executions>
>            <execution>
>              <goals>
>                <goal>sablecc</goal>
>              </goals>
>            </execution>
>          </executions>
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=112064009313457&w=2
>
> Would someone please sync the various documents with the code?

We actually generate the doco and we have a small bug that we need to
fix. Definitely add this to JIRA (I'm not sure if it's there or not).

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org