Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2015/06/03 17:00:17 UTC

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

What is the status of the 0.9 release planning.

It seems like many of the open issues from the document have been closed.
When do you think are we able to fork off the "release-0.9" branch and
create the first RC ?

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
The problem is still there. @Aljoscha: It would be great if you could take
it.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
I will address the ExecutionGraphDeadlock today...

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Andra Lungu <lu...@gmail.com>.
I would. Vasia already used it in production at Telefonica :)

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Okay, then I agree with you!

Thanks for clarifying that :-)

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Vasiliki Kalavri <va...@gmail.com>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Vasiliki Kalavri <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Andra Lungu <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Andra Lungu <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephan,

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Thanks Vasia!

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Vasiliki Kalavri <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
On 05 Jun 2015, at 11:46, Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'll address the remaining documentation issues today.

Thank you so much for doing this.

> What about
>   Sync Streaming Java/Scala API
>   - Consolidate names across batch/streaming (discussion)
>   - Merge static code analysis
>
> They seem both unresolved.

As I've said in the previous emails, I'm testing the code analysis. It looks good modulo some minor issues, which I will address and merge.

> Other than that it seems we are good to go.
> Maybe we can manage to get the first release candidate out today?

We need

1) to do some initial testing (with the recent streaming changes), and
2) I think the ExecutionGraph deadlock should be fixed (we know exactly what it is).

Regarding 1): it does not make a difference whether we do this on master or a RC. RC means more overhead to get this started.

Regarding 2): if more people agree that this should be fixed, then this is blocking the RC.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Re: Planning the 0.9 Release

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
On 03 Jun 2015, at 17:00, Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> wrote:

> What is the status of the 0.9 release planning.
>
> It seems like many of the open issues from the document have been closed.
> When do you think are we able to fork off the "release-0.9" branch and
> create the first RC ?

It would be great to do it in the next days. If there are no objections, I would like to act as release manager. :-)

Critical issues: