Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2015/11/28 22:45:00 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] [UPDATE] Example of POM file for Submission of Java UNO jars to Apache Nexus repository

Here is an updated POM based in previous comments.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>org.apache.openoffice.udk</groupId>
   <artifactId>ridl</artifactId>
   <version>4.1.2</version>
   <packaging>jar</packaging>
   <name>Java Runtime Interface Definition Library</name>
   <description>The type library and the precompiled Java interfaces of
the UDK API.</description>
   <url>http://www.openoffice.org/udk</url>
   <licenses>
     <license>
       <name>The Apache License, Version 2.0</name>
<url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>
     </license>
   </licenses>
   <developers>
     <developer>
       <name>Apache OpenOffice Project</name>
       <email>dev@openoffice.apache.org</email>
       <organization>Apache Software Foundation</organization>
<organizationUrl>http://www.apache.org</organizationUrl>
     </developer>
     <developer>
       <name>Carl Marcum</name>
       <email>cmarcum@apache.org</email>
       <organization>Apache Software Foundation</organization>
<organizationUrl>http://www.apache.org</organizationUrl>
     </developer>
   </developers>
   <scm>
<connection>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/ridljar</connection>
<developerConnection>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/ridljar</developerConnection>
<url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/ridljar</url>
   </scm>
   <dependencies>
     <!-- none -->
   </dependencies>
</project>

Re: [DISCUSS] [UPDATE] Example of POM file for Submission of Java UNO jars to Apache Nexus repository

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dennis,

My comment below.

> Interesting.  Only one comment.

[cmarcum]

None of the pom examples I have seen have the package names included.

Included in the complete bundle jar file that is submitted to Nexus is a
xxx-sources.jar and a xxx-javadoc.jar
so that information can be discovered in documentation and we also have
online docs.

I have created and Infra issue [3] to request use of Nexus for the release.

Carl

RE: [DISCUSS] [UPDATE] Example of POM file for Submission of Java UNO jars to Apache Nexus repository

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.

[orcmid]

My impression is that the migration was started at Sun but not completed.  According to the July 2007 status, the work was estimated to be only 15% completed.

I did nose around the web site for the pages that are not linked to but still there.  A significant amount of information is still only available on the web site, although even that has sketchy parts and it depends on cross-references to the API documentation that don't always seem to work as intended.

It appears that continuing the migration of the documentation would be an extensive task requiring strong expert knowledge of how UNO works, especially at the binary level.

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Dennis,

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
The wiki compilation on UNO is a work in progress. It has not been touched in any important way since 2009.  The wiki link does provide more linked information; it is valuable in that respect.  I agree that [1] is a better intended place.

It is not clear whether there remains information that is only available on the web site.  The current page [2] links to the wiki and the link for downloading the SDK is broken.  On that basis alone, [1] is preferable.

 - Dennis

SIDE NOTES

This is challenging, <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Effort/Migrate_Documentation>.  The migration was started in 2006 and status was last updated in July 2007 (at 15% complete).  I don't notice how connectivity to the web pages is preserved pending movement of material.  That [2] apparently provides no link to other material on the web site means you have to look in the SVN to see what additional material is there.

([2] is exactly as imported into Apache OpenOffice from the original OO.o site repository. One feature of the page is that it links to the focus areas page with a handy listing legacy projects from OO.o and whatever on-line material there is about them, <http://www.openoffice.org/projects/accepted.html>. We should manage to hold onto that somehow.  Maybe add it to the wiki page?)

[ ... ]

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Comment on URL below.