Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by wu yi <wu...@ece.ucsb.edu> on 2004/09/30 06:13:56 UTC

Problem of loading shared libraries in Xerces-C++

Dear sir:
  I met trouble when I tried to use programs under /samples.
  I use linux and download the version of source distribution. I have followed the builder instruction.
  1. Set root path, library path.
  2. "autoconf" in /src/xerces/
  3. "runConfigure -plinux -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nsocket -tnative -rpthread"
  4. gmake.
  5. Go to /samples/ "runConfigure -plinux -cgcc -xg++"
  6. gmake

They are all working fine.
But finally, when I tried to use the executable files, I got into trouble. For example, "MemParse: error while loading shared libraries: libxerces-c.so.25: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

How am I going to do with this error? Any setting mistakes?

Thanks a lot for your help.

yi

Re: Problem of loading shared libraries in Xerces-C++

Posted by Vitaly Prapirny <ma...@mebius.net>.
Hi,
wu yi wrote:
> But finally, when I tried to use the executable files, I got into
> trouble. For example, "MemParse: error while loading shared libraries:
> libxerces-c.so.25: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory".
Please read the FAQ article "I cannot run the sample applications. What
is wrong?" ( http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/faq-build.html#faq-9 )
Hope this helps.

Good luck !