Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/15 21:28:44 UTC

Listing dates of ICLA entries

I've just re-implemented the unlisted ICLAs [1] list alongside phonebook [2]

It's a very long list, and most of the entries will never be needed.
So it would be useful to be able to list the recent entries separately.
(as is done for the account creation tool)

>From the point of view of showing only recent entries, it would not
matter if the file mod date were used - a few file
renames/replacements would cause some false positives only.

Maybe the iclas json file should be split into two:
- entries with ids (most apps only need this)
- entries without; this could include the cla-file-name + its date.

The script that creates the json file does not need to recheck all the
files each time; it could update the previous file.

Probably overkill to push the file to Git, but might perhaps be worth
having a manually checked-in backup copy which could be used as a
starter.  I.e. read the current file (if any), update with any
additions/corrections from the backup (*), and then get the dates for
any new files.

(*) This would allow dates to be corrected if necessary.

Thoughts?

[1] http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#unlistedclas

[2] http://home.apache.org/~sebb/phonebook/unlistedclas.html
(not yet deployed to the main site)