Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/03 07:42:10 UTC

Wagon & PRoxy auth ??

While looking at the access denied problem for wagon, I ran into this code
line:

https://github.com/apache/maven-wagon/blob/master/wagon-providers/wagon-http/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/wagon/providers/http/AbstractHttpClientWagon.java#L740

The call uses a deprecated version of "authenticated" that regenerates the
BasicHttpContext every time.
The new (not deprecated) version would seem to be just

                Header bs = new BasicScheme().authenticate( creds,
httpMethod, localContext );

(Where we add the existing localContext variable)

I am a bit puzzled that the current code works with authenticated proxies
at all, but this code is
certainly not my domain. Is this a bug ?

Kristian

Re: Wagon & PRoxy auth ??

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Yup someone (me) miss to remove this deprecated call.
I will fix that now.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Wagon & PRoxy auth ??

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 3 September 2013 15:12, Kristian Rosenvold
<kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While looking at the access denied problem for wagon, I ran into this code
> line:
>
> https://github.com/apache/maven-wagon/blob/master/wagon-providers/wagon-http/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/wagon/providers/http/AbstractHttpClientWagon.java#L740
>
> The call uses a deprecated version of "authenticated" that regenerates the
> BasicHttpContext every time.
> The new (not deprecated) version would seem to be just
>
>                 Header bs = new BasicScheme().authenticate( creds,
> httpMethod, localContext );
>
> (Where we add the existing localContext variable)
>
> I am a bit puzzled that the current code works with authenticated proxies
> at all, but this code is
> certainly not my domain. Is this a bug ?

I've always had problems being behind an NTLM proxy.
It doesn't bother me in normal use because we use a repository manager anyway.
Where I get bitten is in running integration tests, as there is often
a settings.xml file with stuff in it for that particular Maven IT
which fails because of the NTLM proxy.

So since I mostly work around the problem I have not verified whether
its been fixed properly.