Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/10/26 18:45:53 UTC

Drill JDBC: TEXT Issue (DRILL-3956) Any Clever Workarounds?

JDBC Plugin issue with Text is listed here

Anyone know of a work around (for some testing) (A cast or something) I
tried removing the TEXT columns from the select and that failed too (it's
likely the error/NPE comes in the meta data regardless if the field is
selected?)

John

Re: Drill JDBC: TEXT Issue (DRILL-3956) Any Clever Workarounds?

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
Fun fact follow-up: This issue also applies to the "BLOB" data type in
MySQL, but I think the calcite fix in the linked JIRA does a "if not known
then ANY" fix so it should fix this too.