Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 12:48:57 UTC

Re: Wookie Elgg Plugin - New Version?

On 30 Oct 2009, at 11:15, Ross Gardler wrote:

> 2009/10/30 Hugh Barnard <hu...@googlemail.com>:
>> Hi Ross, folks
>>
>> Waiting for the standalone widget server, really. It's useful (but
>> not
>> essential) to have all the 'bits', server, Elgg, wookie plugin in
>> one test
>> environment.
>
> As you will see from other threads the standalone server is there
> apart from the OpenSocial stuff. Plese test it (if you need help just
> ask).
>
>> On this subject, would be pretty useful to have some simple widgets
>> in:
>> http://getwookie.org/Widgets.html
>
> Why getwookie.org? that is not an ASF resource. In my opinion they
> should be here in Wookie.

Agreed - I'm in the process of creating a new stripped down
"getwookie" site that mostly points to the incubator project site.

Posted by Hugh Barnard <hu...@googlemail.com>.

http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.big-wave-heuristics.com/

http://www.hackney-environment-network.org.uk/

Re: Wookie Elgg Plugin - New Version?

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernhard Hoisl <be...@wu.ac.at>.
Hi Hugh,

Posted by Hugh Barnard <hu...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Bernhard,

Posted by Bernhard Hoisl <be...@wu.ac.at>.
Hi Scott,

Scott Wilson schrieb:
> On 2 Nov 2009, at 12:15, Bernhard Hoisl wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>> I have made a first preliminary plugin update for Elgg.
>>
>> Features:
>> - Updated out-dated plugin to work with the newest Elgg (and Wookie)
>> version
>> - Created drop-down menu to choose widgets (like the gallery
>> displayed in Moodle -> this would also be easy to display in Elgg, as
>> well)
>> - Height/width of a widget can be specified (and overrides the
>> manifest file definitions)
>>
>> My question: where is the best place to upload my files? Are SVN
>> commits allowed to everyone?
>>

> Hi Bernhard,
>
> This is great - I can see a lot of potential in having Wookie working
> well in Elgg, and I've been acutely aware of just how out of date the
> work I started had become, and so I'm very grateful that you've taken
> this on.
>
> In terms of hosting, Elgg requires that plugins are licensed using
> GPL, which means they can't be hosted at ASF. However, if you were to
> submit the plugin to the Elgg extensions project (see
> http://trac.elgg.org/extensions/) then we can link to it there from
> the Wookie site so that people can find it. (I'm sure Hugh will want
> to test it, and I'd love to give it a try too).
I have uploaded the new Elgg plugin version to http://community.elgg.org
(just have a look at my previous mail).

By uploading the plugin I wondered because I could choose among many
license also the Apache License Version 2 for the plugin. GPL 3 is also
available which should be compatible with the Apache License Version 2
as well.

So, hosting it on ASF should theoretically be possible, although the
elgg community site looks like a better place for it.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernhard Hoisl <be...@wu.ac.at>.
Hi guys,