Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2008/09/04 01:08:08 UTC

Re: Build scripts for smaller or more specific distributions

Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>> Mike Edwards wrote:
>>> Jean-Sebastien,
>>>
>>> I was one of the nay-sayers way back.
>>>
>>> But I've changed my mind.  Let's try this out.
>>>
>>> I still think that it would be useful to have install scripts that
>>> would deal with popular runtime combinations (Geronimo, Tomcat, etc).
>>>
>>> But your approach here will give us some "smal and simple" packages
>>> for folk who are doing "small and simple" stuff.
>>>
>>> +1 to put it into trunk.
>>
>> The build scripts are already in trunk under distribution/features.
>>
>>> +1 to put it into the build too.
>>
>> To build all packages run mvn in distribution/features.
>> To build package X run mvn in distribution/features/X.
>> To build a package and the modules it depends on run mvn -Pmodules.

I've added a distribution/features/repository module that generates a
Zip containing a Maven  repository with the Tuscany JARs and
dependencies in it.

I found it useful when building disconnected from the network or as a
backup when the online Maven repositories are down or slow.

Hope this helps.
--
Jean-Sebastien