Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Laurent Pellegrino <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/16 20:16:07 UTC

Build snapshots periodically

Hi all,

I would like to test but also to integrate some Jena features that are
not yet released. I know it is possible to retrieve the source code
and to install the artifacts into the local maven repository by
running mvn install. However, the Jena snapshots have to be imported
into a project that is used by several developers. This means that I
have to deploy periodically the Jena snapshots into a private maven
repository which is referenced by my project. I was wondering if it
not possible to configure the Jena Jenkins projects
(https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/Jena/) to deploy
automatically the snapshots into the jena repository
(http://openjena.org/repo-dev/) or the sonatype snapshots repository
(https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/)? Jenkins
provides this feature but some configuration has to be performed.

Kind Regards,

Laurent

Re: Build snapshots periodically

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Laurent,
it's possible, but I managed to do it only with the Apache Snapshots
repository [1] for LARQ only (since it's the only artifact so far
which has the org.apache.jena group id.

As soon as the other modules change their group id we can enable it.

I am not sure if we can publish SNAPSHOTs in the Apache Snapshots
repository with a group id which is not org.apache.jena. Mentors?

Cheers,
Paolo

  [1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/