Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com> on 2019/02/01 19:20:18 UTC

You'll need to fetch your Impala-lzo...

Hi folks,

I just pushed
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=impala.git;a=commit;h=a8e30506aafef14646d95a56fb87cf7c28d259d6
and
https://github.com/cloudera/impala-lzo/commit/dccb1be88a5e237b06ae69cd99b048a38d9f024b
to tackle IMPALA-7980. If you're working on master, and you have
../Impala-lzo checked out, you'll need to pull that repo. There's also a
divergence now for Impala-lzo between branches, so if you're still working
on 2.x (say), you'll need to figure out how to manage that.

Please let me know if you run into issues; I'll be happy to help.

-- Philip

Re: You'll need to fetch your Impala-lzo...

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 4:31 PM Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, looks like ubuntu-16.04-build-only just runs buildall.sh. That't why I
> want to add the check of Impala-lzo version in buildall.sh.
> Since there're no other patches for 2.x now, I uploaded the next one:
> https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/12504/
> We can run GVO on it with other patches of master branch concurrently for
> tests.

I think my change to make IMPALA_LZO point to a nonsense directory has made
this job pass for any branches.

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Uploaded these two patches for the fix. Different branches depend on
different Impala-lzo versions:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/12495/
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/12497/

Could anyone help to have a look?

Thanks,
Quanlong

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Author:     Alex Behm <al...@cloudera.com>

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thank Tim and Fredy's help!

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! Though I still think tags are better than branches. Because they're
static so builds of old versions won't be broken. However, it's ok since
Impala-lzo is less likely to have updates.
I create a CR to fix the build of branch-2.x:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/12339/ . Could you help to have a look?

Thanks,
Quanlong

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.