Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Brad Lyon <br...@ntown.com> on 2000/10/05 06:13:29 UTC

Property.java does not implement execute?

Please point me to a faq if this is a common question.

I noticed that Property.java extends Task.java but does not implement an
execute method. Instead, what is effectively the "execute" is in the init
method. This seems odd, because it means that ALL properties will be set
even if the they are in a target that won't get built. This is causing me
some problems, and before I change my copy of the code, I need to know is
this is the intended behavior of "property"; i.e., anytime you have
<property.../> it will be set for the project no matter what.

Sorry if I'm wrong - please point me out if so. Thanks.

-Brad