Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Thijs Schnitger <th...@func.nl> on 2007/09/13 13:28:44 UTC

problems with mail using Continuum on Tomcat

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting Continuum 1.1-beta-2 to run properly on
Tomcat 5.5.25
I followed the hints on
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/CONTINUUMUSER/Continuum+on+Tomcat
Everything seems to work ok but an error (trace below) is generated
whenever Continuum tries to send mail.
I get the feeling I missed some startup variable somewhere, due to the
"InstallationException: cli to get mvn version return code 127".
I tried adding a JDK to the profile as explained on this list a month
ago, but that didn't help.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

I use:
Continuum 1.1-beta-2
Tomcat 5.5.25
JDK 1.5.0_06

ERROR
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.ContinuumNotificationDispatcher:default
  - Error while trying to use the mailnotifier.
org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Error while
generating mail contents.
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.buildComplete(MailContinuumNotifier.java:335)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendNotification(MailContinuumNotifier.java:227)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.sendNotification(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:199)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.sendNotification(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:151)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.buildComplete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:103)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.endBuild(DefaultBuildController.java:219)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:173)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:176)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.continuum.installation.InstallationException: cli to
get mvn version return code 127
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.installation.DefaultInstallationService.getExecutorConfiguratorVersion(DefaultInstallationService.java:422)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.getBuilderVersion(MailContinuumNotifier.java:409)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.buildComplete(MailContinuumNotifier.java:310)
         ... 13 more

--
Thijs Schnitger
Func. Internet Integration

Re: problems with mail using Continuum on Tomcat

Posted by Thijs Schnitger <th...@func.nl>.
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> I asked about /bin/bash because all externals processes are launched
> with it instead of /bin/sh (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1447)
>
> I just don't understand why you get this error during the notification
> if your projects build fine under continuum
>
> for the build we run 'mvn <goals>' and for your exception, we run 'mvn -v'
>
> You use a profile, right? can you check value defined on it are correct?

I checked the values under the profile again. I only had a JDK
installation, but when I added a Maven 2 installation and added it to
the profile, and then performed a build, it suddenly started mailing!
Thanks for the pointer! And your time!

Cheers,

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
I asked about /bin/bash because all externals processes are launched with it instead of /bin/sh (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1447)

I just don't understand why you get this error during the notification if your projects build fine under continuum

for the build we run 'mvn <goals>' and for your exception, we run 'mvn -v'

You use a profile, right? can you check value defined on it are correct?

Emmauel

Posted by Thijs Schnitger <th...@func.nl>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
is the project build correctly?

Do you have /bin/bash?

Emmanuel

Posted by Thijs Schnitger <th...@func.nl>.
olivier lamy wrote:
> Do you have export M2_HOME before starting your tomcat ? or do you use an
> installation for your mvn ?

i used a tarball. I tried exporting M2_HOME but I still get the same error.

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier

Re: problems with mail using Continuum on Tomcat

Posted by Thijs Schnitger <th...@func.nl>.

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

What is your os ?