Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Bourzeix, Hervé <He...@Genesys.com> on 2007/02/07 12:01:28 UTC

publish overwrite

Using ivy 1.4.1,

to publish artifacts in my build system, here is the steps I do
- change the ivy file of the project
- call a publish task with forcedeliver to true and overwrite to false

My issue is: sometime I forgot to change the revision in my ivy file and I publish. Using overwrite, I thought I would be safe, because already published artifacts will not be updated, but that's not the case.

Is overwrite do what I think it shoudl do ?
What should I change in my build system to have the revision incremented automatically ?
=> use a buildnumber task and affect it to the ivy.revision property? is this a good solution ?

thx

Re: publish overwrite

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 2/7/07, Bourzeix, Hervé <He...@genesys.com> wrote:

> Using ivy 1.4.1,
>
> to publish artifacts in my build system, here is the steps I do
> - change the ivy file of the project
> - call a publish task with forcedeliver to true and overwrite to false
>
> My issue is: sometime I forgot to change the revision in my ivy file and I
> publish. Using overwrite, I thought I would be safe, because already
> published artifacts will not be updated, but that's not the case.

I'm surprised, because it should work, I think there's a junit test for
that. Please open an issue in JIRA, and try to describe your settings (
ivyconf.xml) with precision, and attache the relevant part of your debug log
if possible.

Is overwrite do what I think it shoudl do ?
> What should I change in my build system to have the revision incremented
> automatically ?
> => use a buildnumber task and affect it to the ivy.revision property? is
> this a good solution ?

Yes, use the buildnumber, it is meant for that. But beware it is not safe if
multiple user ask for a new revision number at the same time.

- Xavier

thx