Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lee Smith <le...@weblee.co.uk> on 2010/03/29 15:08:11 UTC

Delete id from a specific core

Hey All

How about from a specific core?   Say I wanted to delete id=12344  from core 1

Hope this makes sense and is easy to answer!

Regards

Lee

Re: Delete id from a specific core

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Lee -

Use the url parameter.

~/dev/solr/example/exampledocs: java -jar post.jar  -help
SimplePostTool: version 1.2
This is a simple command line tool for POSTing raw XML to a Solr
port.  XML data can be read from files specified as commandline
args; as raw commandline arg strings; or via STDIN.
Examples:
   java -Ddata=files -jar post.jar *.xml
   java -Ddata=stdin -jar post.jar < hd.xml
Other options controlled by System Properties include the Solr
URL to POST to, and whether a commit should be executed.  These
are the defaults for all System Properties...
   -Ddata=files
   -Durl=http://localhost:8983/solr/update
   -Dcommit=yes

Core 1's update URL is likely something like http://localhost:8983/solr/1/update