Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by elvis <el...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/03 09:49:13 UTC

Cannot receive every message by mqtt protocol

Hi,

I use sample code of Paho Project java library as my subscriber and
publisher
( Sample.java
<https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.java/blob/master/org.eclipse.paho.sample.mqttv3app/src/main/java/org/eclipse/paho/sample/mqttv3app/Sample.java>
and  MqttPublishSample <https://eclipse.org/paho/clients/java/>   ).

It's weird that the subscriber can't receive every published message.
If I restart Apollo server, then the subscriber receives those message it
did't get.

But, with the same testing codes, if I use RabbitMQ as my MOM server instead
of Apollo,
It work perfectly!!!

Can someone please help me with this?

elvis.

Re: Cannot receive every message by mqtt protocol

Posted by elvis <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi, tabish,

Thanks for your suggestion~
I tried using ActiveMQ and it works fine...
Thanks a lot....    :)

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
There isn't really any active development on Apollo these days, I'd
suggest you try either the ActiveMQ 5.13.3 release or try out the new
ActiveMQ Artemis broker which are both being actively maintained.

On 06/03/2016 05:49 AM, elvis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use sample code of Paho Project java library as my subscriber and
> publisher
> ( Sample.java
> <https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.java/blob/master/org.eclipse.paho.sample.mqttv3app/src/main/java/org/eclipse/paho/sample/mqttv3app/Sample.java>
> and  MqttPublishSample <https://eclipse.org/paho/clients/java/>   ).
>
> It's weird that the subscriber can't receive every published message.
> If I restart Apollo server, then the subscriber receives those message it
> did't get.
>
> But, with the same testing codes, if I use RabbitMQ as my MOM server instead
> of Apollo,
> It work perfectly!!!
>
> Can someone please help me with this?
>
> elvis.