Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Miguel Ferreira <mf...@dsi.uminho.pt> on 2006/02/25 14:44:06 UTC

get_AuthToken not working at all!

Dear all,

I've been struggling to get jUDDI version 0.9rc4 to work on my Ubunto box
without success...
In fact jUDDI installs cleanly. The problem is that I can't get a straight
answer from the service when I call get_authToken. No matter which
authentication mode I'm using I always get the following answer:

“E_unknownUser (10150) The user ID and password pair passed in a
get_authToken message is not known to the Operator Site or is not valid.
get_authToken: userID=mferreira”

I've tried the DefaultAuthenticator with a few publishers inserted on the
“publisher” DB table. I 've also  tried the XMLDocAuthenticator using
juddi-users.xml as a data source (no, I did not forget to add the property
“juddi.users=...” to juddi.properties).

This is driving me nuts because the happy script tells me everything is ok,
there are no errors on the log files and no one on the Internet seems to be
having this problem...

I've also tried to install jUDDI on another machine (Ubunto box as well) but
the same behavior was experienced.

I'm using jdk 1.5. Will that be the cause of the problem?
I've tried to compile the jUDDI sources with that version of the JDK and had
to change the name of some “enum” variables that are not supported by the
new JDK. My juddi.jar delivers the same output.

Any help on this guys? Has anyone been able the get the authToken using
jUDDI 0.9rc4.

PS: I'm also using Tomcat + MySQL

Cheers,
Miguel

- -
Miguel Ferreira (researcher)
Department of Information Systems
University of Minho Campus de Azurém
4800-058 Guimarães, Portugal
http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~ferreira/
Phone: +351 253 510 261 / FAX: +351 253 510 300 / Ext.: 3261

RE: get_AuthToken not working at all!

Posted by avinh <al...@nist.gov>.
Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.17, jdk1.5.0_05, juddi-0.9rc4 and
mysql-standard-5.0.22-linux-i686 on Redhat E3.

I have figured out what the jsp pages are looking for - at least for me this
works. Basically when you set up jUDDI and run the sql scripts provided to
setup the jUDDI database, we are also given the file
juddi-0.9rc4\sql\mysql\insert_publishers.sql. This file contains the sql
statement that is needed to insert the user(s) that is allowed to access and
publish data into the jUDDI database. The sample sql statement looks
something like this:

USE juddi;

INSERT INTO PUBLISHER
(PUBLISHER_ID,PUBLISHER_NAME,EMAIL_ADDRESS,IS_ENABLED,IS_ADMIN)
VALUES ('jdoe','John Doe','john.doe@apache.org','true','true');

In the sql statement above, "jdoe" is the user ID that is allowed to publish
to the jUDDI database and is also an ADMIN user. You'll have to change the
credential accordingly with your "publisher" information. Once you have
established some "publishers" in your jUDDI database, then you can get the
authorization tokens using their user IDs (e.g. "jdoe" in the example
above).

Bringing up the page http://localhost:8080/juddi/console/get_authToken.jsp
gives you the following request:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <get_authToken generic="2.0" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"
      userID="***"
      cred="***"/>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Change the "userID" field to "jdoe" (using our example above), we have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <get_authToken generic="2.0" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"
      userID="jdoe"
      cred="***"/>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Then click on the "Submit" button and you should get something like the
following result for the "authInfo" field:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
 <soapenv:Body>
  <authToken generic="2.0" operator="nist.gov" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
   <authInfo>authToken:C4A3D0D0-1C16-11DB-ACFF-975C838D4A99</authInfo>
  </authToken>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Notice in the result above that the authorization token is contained in the
field "authInfo" and in our example, it is the string:

authToken:C4A3D0D0-1C16-11DB-ACFF-975C838D4A99

Cut and paste that string into other requests that requires the "authInfo"
field such as the get_registeredInfo page. E.g.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <get_registeredInfo generic="2.0" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
      <authInfo>authToken:C4A3D0D0-1C16-11DB-ACFF-975C838D4A99</authInfo>
    </get_registeredInfo>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Click submit on the get_registeredInfo page and the results for that page
should look something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
 <soapenv:Body>
  <registeredInfo generic="2.0" operator="nist.gov"
xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
   <businessInfos/>
   <tModelInfos/>
  </registeredInfo>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I hope the above explaination helps.

BTW, the controller page (e.g.
http://localhost:8080/juddi/console/controller.jsp, i.e. the file
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/juddi/console/controller.jsp) has the following
variables hard coded:

  final URL INQUIRY_URL = new URL("http://localhost:8080/juddi/inquiry");
  final URL PUBLISH_URL = new URL("http://localhost:8080/juddi/publish");
  final URL ADMIN_URL =   new URL("http://localhost:8080/juddi/admin");

So if your jUDDI server is living at a different URL and is using a
different port, you'll have to make the change to the
"$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/juddi/console/controller.jsp" file accordingly. In my
case, I changed it to the following because I wanted to use a secure
connection (https://) using my domain name (seurat.cbt.nist.gov) and using
port 8443:

  final URL INQUIRY_URL = new
URL("https://seurat.cbt.nist.gov:8443/juddi/inquiry");
  final URL PUBLISH_URL = new
URL("https://seurat.cbt.nist.gov:8443/juddi/publish");
  final URL ADMIN_URL =   new
URL("https://seurat.cbt.nist.gov:8443/juddi/admin");

Cheers - Alan

Posted by khiz <zu...@yahoo.com>.
hi miguel

I have got the same problem with get_AuthToken. I am using mysql 5.0.22
shall i install mysql 4.0.

If you have any other idea how to authenticate juddi from juddi console
using get_AuthToken please help me.

thanks in advance

Posted by Miguel Ferreira <mf...@dsi.uminho.pt>.
Dear Leandro,

Would you so kind to send me the class you've developed?

Thank you.

RE: Deployed jUDDI with Tomcat

Posted by Mark Streit <ms...@bellsouth.net>.
Hazem,

You need to check that the JDBC datasource name specified in the Tomcat
setup matches that specified in the juddi/WEB-INF/juddi.properties file
(this is all under the webapps folder of Tomcat).  I had this exact same
issue.

First...

In juddi/WEB-INF/juddi.properties file you need:

# jUDDI DataSource to use
juddi.dataSource=java:comp/env/jdbc/juddiDB

Next...

In the file /WEB-INF/web.xml of the juddi context, there should be a
Resource configuration entry:

  <resource-ref>
    <description>jUDDI DataSource</description>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/juddiDB</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

Finally...

This all then has to match the server.xml file under the Tomcat installation
folder in /conf.

				<Context path="/juddi" docBase="juddi"
debug="5" reloadable="true"
					crossContext="true">
					<Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"

prefix="localhost_juddiDB_log" suffix=".txt"

timestamp="true"/>
					 <!-- the Resource element will
probably work better for
							 you on Tomcat 5+ if
you simply use a Resource only tag
							 with xml attributes
as opposed to the nested ResourceParams and
							 parameter elements
-->

			<Resource name="jdbc/juddiDB" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
               maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
               username="juddi" password="juddi"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
               url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/juddi?autoReconnect=true"/>
      <!--
               <Resource name="jdbc/juddi" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"

maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"

username="juddi" password="juddi" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
               url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/juddi?autoReconnect=true"/>
	-->
				</Context>

Note in all of these 3 locations the use of the String "jdbc/juddiDB".  I
believe the issue was that these are not consistent in the download package
and instructions.

Hope this helps...

Mark

Posted by Leandro Cerencio <le...@serpro.gov.br>.