Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kirchhoff, Lars" <La...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2002/12/12 05:49:32 UTC

xmlform: accessing requestparameter in an xml form representation

hi,

I created a table output of some data, but as this can be a very long list
I would like to split this in different screens and therefore thought I can
use the XPath options.

what I did is the following:

<xf:selectOne ref="selectedUser" selectUIType="radioTable">
	<xf:header>
		<xf:column width="5%"> </xf:column>
		<xf:column width="20%">Customer Name</xf:column>
       	<xf:column width="30%">Address</xf:column>
       	<xf:column width="5%">Zip</xf:column>
		<xf:column width="20%">City</xf:column>
	ยด	<xf:column width="20%">Telephon Number</xf:column>
	</xf:header>
	<xf:itemset nodeset="/users/user[@letter='L']">
		<xf:caption ref="custname" />
		<xf:caption ref="address" />
		<xf:caption ref="zip" />
		<xf:caption ref="city" />
		<xf:caption ref="telephon" />

		<xf:value ref="@number" />
	</xf:itemset>
</xf:selectOne>

My problem is now, how to replace the XPath statement with some dynamic
values
from a request parameter like this:
 	<xf:itemset nodeset="/users/user[@letter='{param:letter}']">

I would like to create a navigation bar, where all alphabetical letters are
displayed.
Only those entry's, which the starts with the selected letter should then be
displayed.

Does anybody have an idea if this could be working and how? Or do I have to
do this
with a Bean method which gets me the appropriate entrys from the database
every time,
I call the page.

thanks

ciao Lars