Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com> on 2005/09/26 17:48:37 UTC

Deployment problems: argument type mismatch

Hi,

Our SA recently setup a new deployment environment that we're having
configuration issues with.  The application has run successfully on
other machines.

It seems to throw an argument type mismatch while trying to build the
ApplicationSpecificationInitializer related services.

   <service-point id="ApplicationSpecificationInitializer"
interface="ApplicationInitializer">

     Locates and parses the application specification and informs the
ApplicationGlobals service about it.

     <invoke-factory>
       <construct class="impl.ApplicationSpecificationInitializer">
         <set-service property="classpathResourceFactory" service-
id="tapestry.ClasspathResourceFactory"/>
         <set-service property="globals" service-
id="tapestry.globals.ApplicationGlobals"/>
         <set-service property="parser" service-
id="tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser"/>
       </construct>
     </invoke-factory>
   </service-point>

Has anyone seen something similar?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

javax.servlet.ServletException:

Unable to initialize application servlet: Unable to construct service
tapestry.init.ApplicationSpecificationInitializer: Error building
service tapestry.init.ApplicationSpecificationInitializer: Error at
jar:file:<PATH_TO_APP>/WEB-INF/lib/tapestry-4.0-beta-4.jar!/META-INF/
tapestry.init.xml, line 46: Service interceptor factory
hivemind.LoggingInterceptor failed to create
org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser interceptor for
service tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser as class
$ISpecificationParser_10692dad6da: argument type mismatch

Root Cause:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to construct
service tapestry.init.ApplicationSpecificationInitializer: Error
building service tapestry.init.ApplicationSpecificationInitializer:
Error at jar:file:<PATH_TO_APP>/WEB-INF/lib/tapestry-4.0-beta-4.jar!/
META-INF/tapestry.init.xml, line 46: Service interceptor factory
hivemind.LoggingInterceptor failed to create
org.apache.tapestry.parse.ISpecificationParser interceptor for
service tapestry.parse.SpecificationParser as class
$ISpecificationParser_10692dad6da: argument type mismatch
[jar:file:<PATH_TO_APP>/WEB-INF/lib/tapestry-4.0-beta-4.jar!/META-INF/
tapestry.init.xml, line 42]

SunOne Application Server 7.0
Java version 1.4.2

RE: Deployment problems: argument type mismatch

Posted by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net>.
	Just a wild-assed guess here, but does your new development
environment have any xml parser jars in the classpath that your old
environment didn't? In my limited experience you can really narf Tapestry if
you put the wrong XML parser (like the GNU one) in your classpath.

	--- Pat