Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 01:38:53 UTC

Struts 2-Spring Plugin with Spring 3 - Looks good so far...

I have queried this list in the past about using Struts 2-Spring
Plugin with Spring 3.  A few commented that you've intergrated with no
issue.  While upgrading to 2.2.1, I decided to also try a Spring 3
upgrade as well. It seems to be working correctly.  However, taking a
closer look at the source code of the Struts-Spring plugin, it appears
that if you implement Class Reloading
(http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/spring-plugin.html#SpringPlugin-ClassReloading),
the combination of the Struts-Spring Plugin with Spring 3 will most
certainly "break".  Since this setting is not to be used in production
systems, I would like to think this combination should be *okay*
moving forward.  Can anyone provide any color or experience on this
one?

Re: Struts 2-Spring Plugin with Spring 3 - Looks good so far...

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
we have a code using SpringMVC 3 and Struts 2.2.1,

if we make both one by one, implementation work well, but if we make one
.war, crash happen here

i put the code here

http://ugforge.gunadarma.ac.id/gf/project/cimande/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=/branches/rest-springmvc-struts2/

my idea wanna to make SpringMVC and Struts2 work in one container, and using
Spring 3 as the IoC and share Hibernate Session fActory