Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2014/02/06 09:19:33 UTC

Re: [REQUEST] Integrate Wicket and Nutch for Google Summer of Code 2014

Hi Lewis,

I'm glad you contacted us!
I see the ticket has been opened for few years now. This is a shame! We
should have coordinated this task much earlier!
Nutch could be the next Apache project that uses Wicket for its web
administration needs. There are few other projects already.
I've added myself as a watcher to the ticket and I will be glad to help
with Wicket expertize.
If there is any interest in Wicket mailing list about GSOC we will
definitely link to your task!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
Hi Folks,

May i learn why do we prefer wicket for admin panel ? Why do we evulate
other options ?

Talat

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>wrote:

> I'm glad you contacted us!

Thanks for your quick feedback.

> I see the ticket has been opened for few years now.

Yes a bit of history on this one. For the last two years this ticket has
been marked for inclusion in GSoC. Last year we *just* missed the deadline
and unfortunately the project did not go ahead. However this year we are
better prepared and will hopefully have some renewed interest.

> Nutch could be the next Apache project that uses Wicket for its web
> administration needs. There are few other projects already.

+1

> I've added myself as a watcher to the ticket and I will be glad to help
> with Wicket expertize.
> If there is any interest in Wicket mailing list about GSOC we will
> definitely link to your task!
>
> Excellent Martin thank you very much. It would be excellent to have a
primary mentor from either Nutch or Wicket and the backup vis-a-vis. From
the Nutch side, I am personally interested in this issue (and I think there
may be one other :)) it would be excellent if you were able to provide
Wicket expertise as you mention.
Thanks, I look forward to revisiting this thread in due course as (from
memory) we find out during February if The ASF has been accepted as a
participating organization.
Thanks
Lewis

Re: [REQUEST] Integrate Wicket and Nutch for Google Summer of Code 2014

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks Guys.

I created the original ticket and am a huge Wicket fanboy :) We used
it all over OODT and rewrote a bunch of our web apps in it.

I'm happy to help here too.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.