Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Stan Daymond <St...@computershare.co.uk> on 2003/03/14 11:49:11 UTC

xerces-com.dll build problems in 2.2.0

Hello All,

I have a problem with with building xerces-com.dll (COM wrapper on Windows)
for the current Xerces version 2.2.0 . I get multiple errors (total is 93)
when compiling xml4com, e.g:

F:\wa\Xerces\src\xercesc\com\IXMLDOMNodeImpl.h(115) : error C2143: syntax
error : missing ';' before '&'

Initially I though that I may have a problem with my configuration but later
I tried to build the previous Xerces version (2.1.0) and it builds OK. The
main diffence in new version is introduction of namespaces, so mayby they
are causing problems.

Best Regards,
Stan

**********************************************************************************************************************************************
The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, use of this information (including disclosure,
copying or distribution) may be unlawful therefore please inform the sender and delete
the message immediately.  The views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily
those held by Computershare Technology Services (UK) Limited and Computershare Technology Services (UK) Limited
does not accept liability for any action taken in reliance on the contents of this message (other than
where the company has a legal or regulatory obligation to do so) or for the consequences
of any computer viruses which may have been transmitted by this e-mail.

Computershare Technology Services (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales (No. 3199675)
Registered Office:- 7th Floor, Jupiter House, Triton Court, 14 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1BR

Re: xerces-com.dll build problems in 2.2.0

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
At 08.23 14/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>What a coincidence!   I have also just fixed the COM files in CVS to have it
>compiled.   But since I have no knowledge of COM at all, please help to
>verify its functionality.

I refreshed the code from CVS, rebuilt the COM project, and tested using
the test found in xml-xerces\c\tests\COMTest, and it seems to work properly.

BTW, someone will need to change the COM wrappers to use the new DOM
interface as soon as the deprecated one will be removed from the library
(when will this happen?)

Alberto

Re: xerces-com.dll build problems in 2.2.0

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
What a coincidence!   I have also just fixed the COM files in CVS to have it
compiled.   But since I have no knowledge of COM at all, please help to
verify its functionality.

Thanks!

Tinny

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.