Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2011/11/24 20:53:41 UTC

First draft of the Charter

After checking if everybody is still on board and preparing for the charter, below you can find the first draft of the charter as we will present it to the board as part of our graduation process (see http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution). Feel free to comment. It's largely based on a standard template, but the list of initial members, the chair and the project description are what I added.

Note that I took the liberty of not including Niclas as he stepped down as our mentor some time ago. I will try to ping him to validate that he is indeed no longer able to contribute.

    X. Establish the Apache ACE Project

       open-source software related to the management and deployment
       of OSGi based and other software artifacts for distribution
       at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache ACE Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ACE Project be and hereby is
       related to the management and deployment of OSGi based and
       other software artifacts;
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ACE" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache ACE Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache ACE Project; and be it further

       Apache ACE Project:

         * Angelo van der Sijpt     <an...@apache.org>
         * Bertrand Delacretaz      <bd...@apache.org>
         * Brian Topping            <bt...@apache.org>
         * Clement Escoffier        <cl...@apache.org>
         * Carsten Ziegeler         <cz...@apache.org>
         * Jean-Baptiste Onofre     <jb...@apache.org>
         * Karl Pauls               <kp...@apache.org>
         * Toni Menzel              <to...@apache.org>
         * Marcel Offermans         <ma...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Marcel Offermans
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ACE, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ACE PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache ACE Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ACE Project be and hereby
       Incubator ACE podling; and be it further

       Incubator ACE podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: First draft of the Charter

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
Just to clarify, i also don't know how the official process looks like. Its
just that the text reads .. official & interesting.
@Marcel, whats the next step ? What can we actually do to help out in the
process ?
Thanks for keeping up the great work!

--
Toni Menzel Source <http://tonimenzel.com>

Re: First draft of the Charter

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
LGTM.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Bertrand,

On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Marcel Offermans
> <ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> After checking if everybody is still on board and preparing for the charter, below you can find the first
>> draft of the charter as we will present it to the board as part of our graduation process...
>
> As I said in the other thread I won't stay on board unfortunately -
> I'd love to, but ENOTIME!

Ok, I will remove you from the list, I somehow missed that mail.

> Apart from that the board resolution (it's not a charter, that would
> be a description of the projects goals - but that doesn't matter much)
> looks good to me - next board meeting is on December 21st, please add
> it to the board agenda when accepted here, and ACE (*not* incubating)
> will be on its way!

Will do, thanks.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Marcel,

<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> After checking if everybody is still on board and preparing for the charter, below you can find the first
> draft of the charter as we will present it to the board as part of our graduation process...

As I said in the other thread I won't stay on board unfortunately -
I'd love to, but ENOTIME!

Apart from that the board resolution (it's not a charter, that would
be a description of the projects goals - but that doesn't matter much)
looks good to me - next board meeting is on December 21st, please add
it to the board agenda when accepted here, and ACE (*not* incubating)
will be on its way!

-Bertrand

Re: First draft of the Charter

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.