Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Vishal Goenka <vg...@sungardsct.com> on 2005/06/02 22:18:00 UTC

Re: (WSRP4J-57) Upgrade to Axis 1.2

Unless this has been fixed or someone is working on it, I can offer to
contribute the upgrade to Axis 1.2 RC3 that I have done as part of
developing a WSRP producer for Sakai (www.sakaiproject.org) using the WSRP4J
toolkit.

In addition to the Axis 1.2 RC3 upgrade, I also did a JDK 1.5 upgrade and
ran into the use of "enum" in the package names in earlier version of Axis,
for which Axis 1.2 has an alternate package name, which I also fixed in the
WSRP4J codebase.

Since I'm not a committer on the WSRP4J project, I will be happy to zip my
code if any committer wants to take that and use it to resolve this issue.

- Vishal

--
Vishal Goenka
SunGard SCT

RE: (WSRP4J-57) Upgrade to Axis 1.2

Posted by Vishal Goenka <vg...@sungardsct.com>.
Hi Carsten,

I won't be able to get to this until early next week. As soon as I have a
chance to test this, I will shoot you an email.

Thanks.
- Vishal

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vishal Goenka <vg...@sungardsct.com>.
Carsten,

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Vishal Goenka wrote:
> Unless this has been fixed or someone is working on it, I can offer to
> contribute the upgrade to Axis 1.2 RC3 that I have done as part of
> developing a WSRP producer for Sakai (www.sakaiproject.org) using the WSRP4J
> toolkit.

I guess that RC3 is nearly the same as 1.2 final - so replacing RC3 with
the final should be very easy, right?

> In addition to the Axis 1.2 RC3 upgrade, I also did a JDK 1.5 upgrade and
> ran into the use of "enum" in the package names in earlier version of Axis,
> for which Axis 1.2 has an alternate package name, which I also fixed in the
> WSRP4J codebase.
Good!

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Hi Vishal,

I'm not a committer but I'd be interested in previewing the changes!

Thanks,
Elliot