Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/18 15:09:57 UTC

Sharing Onyx

Hi Reefers,

I'm happy to share that my research group just made Onyx, a data processing
system for flexible employment with different execution scenarios for
various deployment characteristics on clusters.
https://snuspl.github.io/onyx/

Onyx is a full-blown data processing framework built atop REEF. It
currently supports Apache Beam for writing applications. We're working on
supporting Spark DSL.

Onyx outperforms Spark in various deployment scenarios. We plan to share
evaluation results soon through the web site.

Any feedback's welcomed!

Best,
Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Sharing Onyx

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Congrats! Looking forward to another vibrant ASF project. -- Markus

Re: Sharing Onyx

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Sharing Onyx

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Dongjoon.

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Sharing Onyx

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
It's great! Congratulation!

Re: Sharing Onyx

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Sergiy!

We plan to give a talk in English at a summit. Stay tuned. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. We will write a paragraph about the project and
add it to the REEF site.

-Gon

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 5:19 AM, Sergiy Matusevych <

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Sharing Onyx

Posted by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gon,

Re: Sharing Onyx

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Markus!

Are you looking for a doc like
https://github.com/swsnu/bd2017/blob/master/doc/reefify.md, which Jooyeon
wrote up?
We'd appreciate your feedback on turning the doc into a blog post.

-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Sharing Onyx