Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/23 22:55:25 UTC

(Copy) button on secretary workbench icla form

When filing an ICLA, I often copy the public name (and if needed, the full name) so I can then find the PMC vote approving the committer.

This involves a non-trivial select the field, copy the data. Non-trivial because selecting the field is a double-click and a cursor movement to exactly the place where the entire field is highlighted.

I have seen other web pages with an icon to copy the field. I cannot figure out how to add this to the ICLA form for the full and public names. Here is how it might look:
Full Name: ✂ Mao Zedong
Public Name: ✂ Mao Zedong

And it would be nice to add tooltips to some of the form fields...

I found this on the internets but don't know exactly how it applies:
/* Copy the text inside the text field */
  navigator.clipboard.writeText(copyText.value);

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

<button onclick="myFunction()" onmouseout="outFunc()">
  ✂
  </button>
Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: (Copy) button on secretary workbench icla form

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That suggests that the documentation needs to be improved.
Probably also the emails to the PMCs regarding ICLA acceptance could
have more information on what they need to do.
Is it really the role of the Secretary to police the PMCs?
It seems to me that it is not scalable for the Secretary to take on this role.
Also the more that the Secretary does the work for a PMC, the less
they are likely to try and do it themselves.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.