Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mc...@earthlink.net on 2004/01/24 04:02:12 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd-2.0.48 (srclib/apr-util) configure-->make "bug" on Alpha, RH7

Hello,

I solved the problem with an 's/-lnsl-ldl/-lnsl -ldl -lssl -crypt/'
subsitution in every file in which the string "-lnsl-ldl" occurred,
after which "make" completed without errors.  These files would be
(after running ./configure):
./build/config_vars.mk
./srclib/apr/build/apr_rules.mk
./srclib/apr/config.log
./srclib/apr/config.status
./srclib/apr/apr-config
./srclib/apr-util/test/Makefile
./srclib/apr-util/build/rules.mk
./srclib/apr-util/Makefile
./srclib/apr-util/config.log
./srclib/apr-util/config.status
./config.log
./config.status

This because, during ./configure I had noticed these two odd lines,
with the two lib references run together:
setting EXTRA_LIBS to "-lrt -lm -lnsl-ldl"
adding "-lnsl-ldl" to APRUTIL_LIBS

I have never had much of a problem building apache (httpd), but in the
past, somehow I determined that I needed to add these to my environment:
setenv CFLAGS " -I/usr/include/openssl -DUSE_SSL "
setenv LIBS " -lssl -lcrypt "
And, they were now missing from the apr-util build stuff, hense the
addition of them also to the subsitution above which fixed everything.

A minor bump on a backwater platform has me yet again asking: "Why me?",
but I'm sure the development and bug-report folks don't need it.  I am
wondering how I could have fixed the problem without hacking the make
and config files produced by configure, and instead done something to
have configure not produce the problem.  I'm also ignorantly wondering
why just editing the Makefiles wouldn't fix the problem.  Some of those
other files must be referenced at make-time, no doubt.

-Martin

Re: [users@httpd] httpd-2.0.48 (srclib/apr-util) configure-->make "bug" on Alpha, RH7

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 08:02:12PM -0700, mcompengr@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I solved the problem with an 's/-lnsl-ldl/-lnsl -ldl -lssl -crypt/'
> subsitution in every file in which the string "-lnsl-ldl" occurred,
> after which "make" completed without errors.  These files would be
> (after running ./configure):
> This because, during ./configure I had noticed these two odd lines,
> with the two lib references run together:
> setting EXTRA_LIBS to "-lrt -lm -lnsl-ldl"
> adding "-lnsl-ldl" to APRUTIL_LIBS

That looks nasty, can you file a bug on it, and attach the full log of
the configure output?

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Apache%20httpd-2.0

Regards,

joe