Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net> on 2008/08/19 18:30:27 UTC

Backporting to issue-2489 branch

Hi,

I would like to backport r32550 and future work if any from trunk to issue-2489
branch, is there any procedure I need to follow in order to do that? ie.,
should I get approval from committers before I do the backport? Please clarify
me on this so that I can backport fixes to this branch in future. Also do we
need to update the CHANGES file? or should we maintain a STATUS file in this
branch?

NOTE: issue-2489 is a special branch created to accomodate encrypted
password/passphrase caching.

Thank You.
--
Senthil Kumaran S
http://www.stylesen.org/

Re: Backporting to issue-2489 branch

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.
Mark Phippard wrote:
> As long as the revision is in trunk first, via our normal policies,
> you have my +1 to backport it to the branch.

Thank you. r32550 was backported from trunk to 1.5.x-issue2489 branch via r32561.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net> wrote:

> I would like to backport r32550 and future work if any from trunk to
> issue-2489 branch, is there any procedure I need to follow in order to do
> that? ie., should I get approval from committers before I do the backport?
> Please clarify me on this so that I can backport fixes to this branch in
> future. Also do we need to update the CHANGES file? or should we maintain a
> STATUS file in this branch?
>
> NOTE: issue-2489 is a special branch created to accomodate encrypted
> password/passphrase caching.

As long as the revision is in trunk first, via our normal policies,
you have my +1 to backport it to the branch.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Backporting to issue-2489 branch

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.
Karl Fogel wrote:
> Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net> writes:
>> Will put a README.branch file in place asap.
>
> Thanks!

Added README.branch at r32573.

Thank You.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net> writes:
> I would like to backport r32550 and future work if any from trunk to
> issue-2489 branch, is there any procedure I need to follow in order to
> do that? ie., should I get approval from committers before I do the
> backport? Please clarify me on this so that I can backport fixes to
> this branch in future. Also do we need to update the CHANGES file? or
> should we maintain a STATUS file in this branch?

I'm fine with a general policy of you being able to port trunk changes
over to the '1.5.x-issue2489' branch just so you can work.  I'm not sure
we need a more general policy than that.

It would be very helpful for there to be a README.branch file on the
branch; +1 in advance on committing one :-).  As we make user-visible
and developer-visible changes, we could update CHANGES on the branch, or
do it on trunk when we port the branch over.  I don't think it matters
much either way.