Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2020/09/23 14:48:56 UTC

Current status of the next release

Hi everyone,

Let me share the current status of the next release.
We've steadily moved forward and almost reached the goal.
I really appreciate your cooperation and contribution.

The attached image is the current packaging matrix [1].
As you can see, we've succeeded on building most of all combinations
between components and distros/platforms, though ppc64 is temporarily
disabled due to the machine problem.

The only build failure is Spark on CentOS 7 for arm64 (and ppc64),
but it's tracked as BIGTOP-3397 and is supposed to be resolved
once the next version of snappy-java is released and we add a small patch
for Spark that uses it (or, if that release doesn't make it, we can
build it ourselves).

So, our remaining task is to complete the deployment and smoke test matrix [2].
Currently, the following components have not succeeded on any
distro/platform yet,
so I'm going to begin with these components.

- GPDB
- Livy
- Oozie (already filed as BIGTOP-3406)
- QFS
- Spark

I'm planning to cut the release branch once all components passed
their smoke test
on at least one distro/platform for deb and rpm respectively
(e.g., it's regarded as OK if the smoke test succeeds on x86_64/CentOS
7 and arm64/Debian 9),
and hopefully, I'd like to release v1.5.0 within this October.
Let me know if this schedule is not convenient for you :)

[1]: https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/
[2]: https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-smoke-tests/

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Re: Current status of the next release

Posted by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org>.
 The status looks very promising.
Thanks for leading this, Kengo, and thanks for the contributions from all
of the developers!

I can help to check those failed smoke tests this weekend and maybe take
some. :)

Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> 于2020年9月24日周四 下午2:31写道:

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Great! Thanks for the update.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Kengo,

great to see progress here. Thanks for the update

Olaf