Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai> on 2023/02/06 12:37:54 UTC

AW: [DRAFT] February Board Report

Hi all,

here is the draft board report. Please let me know if you have any additional points.

The mission of Apache StreamPipes is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a self-service Industrial IoT toolbox which enables non-technical
users to connect, analyze and explore IoT data streams

## Issues:
No Issues

## Membership Data:
Apache StreamPipes was founded 2022-11-16 (3 months ago)
There are currently 25 committers and 14 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:4.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Zike Yang was added to the PMC on 2022-11-26
- Cedric Kulbach was added as committer on 2022-12-15
- Sven Oehler was added as committer on 2022-12-15
- Samuel Abt was added as committer on 2023-01-17
- Xin Wang was added as committer on 2022-11-25

## Project Activity:
  -  Work on the Python Client continues to progress
  -  Version 0.90.0 was released (January 17th 2023) [1]
  -  The discussion for the next release has already started on the mailing list [2]
  -  The project has updated its third-party service dependencies
  -  The team is working to simplify the model used in the background to make it easier to use and understand, especially for new developers.

## Community Health:
-  The project recently held its first online community meeting, which was a success. The meeting details can be found here [3] and were also distributed to the dev list
-  The mailing list has seen a constant increase in traffic, with December's count at 468 and January's count at 734
-  The switch to GitHub discussions has led to an increase in mailing list traffic, and we've tried several settings to make the list manageable again

[1] https://github.com/apache/streampipes/blob/release/0.90.0/RELEASE_NOTES.md
[2] https://lists.apache.org/list?dev@streampipes.apache.org:lte=1M:Already%20time%20for%20preparing%20the%20next%20release
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=240881564

Cheers,
Philipp

Von: Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai>
Datum: Dienstag, 31. Januar 2023 um 18:29
An: dev@streampipes.apache.org <de...@streampipes.apache.org>
Betreff: AW: [DRAFT] February Board Report
Hi Chris,

thanks a lot, I will add it.

Cheers,
Philipp

Von: Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
Datum: Dienstag, 31. Januar 2023 um 18:27
An: dev@streampipes.apache.org <de...@streampipes.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: [DRAFT] February Board Report
Hi Philip,

Well I would add in “community health” that after enabling github discussions a lot of discussions started but the emails completely swamped the mailinglists and we’re trying to use different settings in order to make the list manageable again (This would be the sort of thing that I as a board-member would be looking for)

Chris

From: Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai>
Date: Tuesday, 31. January 2023 at 17:49
To: dev@streampipes.apache.org <de...@streampipes.apache.org>
Subject: [DRAFT] February Board Report
Hi all,

we have yet to produce one of the monthly reports. After that, then only once a quarter.
Below is the report template. If you have points you can send them and I will add them:

The mission of Apache StreamPipes is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a self-service Industrial IoT toolbox which enables non-technical
users to connect, analyze and explore IoT data streams

## Issues:
[Insert your own data here]

Re: [DRAFT] February Board Report

Posted by Florian Micklich <mi...@apache.org>.
Looks good +1

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 LGTM Thanks Philipp.

Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai> 于2023年2月6日周一 20:48写道:

> +1
> Thanks for preparing the report, Philipp!
>
> Dominik

Xin

RE: [DRAFT] February Board Report

Posted by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai>.