Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bastian Spanneberg <ba...@linkwerk.com> on 2010/01/22 14:50:30 UTC

Connecting to a remote Jackrabbit repository

Hi

I'm looking for a clean way to connect to a remote Jackrabbit repository
with the JCR 2.0 API. There are to examples in the specification using
an implementation of RepositoryFactory and the using the
getRepository(Map<String, String>) method.

However, the specification states that the parameters are
vendor-specific, and I didn't find the values I need to use to connect
to a remote Jackrabbit repository (I run Jetty + jackrabbit-webapp on
localhost:8080).

Can anyone point to a documentation on this one or post the parameter
keys/values to use for connecting to an existing Jackrabbit repository ?

Currently I use the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi module in version 1.5 to do

Repository repository =
URLRemoteRepository("http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit/rmi");

I've also tried doing

Repository repository =
JcrUtils.getRepository("http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit/server");

with different values for the connection URI, but none of the worked.

I'm looking for a more clean way to establish the connection, preferably
without using Jackrabbit implementation class in such a direct way.

Greetings
Bastian

--
Linkwerk - Software und Beratung für vernetzte Information
Telefon:   +49 40 69 66 48 14

Linkwerk GmbH, Oberaltenallee 20a, 22081 Hamburg,
Handelsregister Hamburg, HRB 95084
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Mintert

Re: Connecting to a remote Jackrabbit repository

Posted by Bastian Spanneberg <ba...@linkwerk.com>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RemoteAccess

Thx a lot.

I already found that page and tried it, but first it didn't work.

Maybe the problem was that I had not included the jackrabbit-jcr2dav
dependency, because when using the m2eclipse > Add dependency dialog, it
didn't show up. The JcrUtils class was visible, because it was included
in the jackrabbit-jcr-commons.

Now I've just put it into the POM and removed the jackrabbit-core
2.0-beta5, and it works as it should.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Bastian Spanneberg
<ba...@linkwerk.com> wrote:
> Can anyone point to a documentation on this one or post the parameter
> keys/values to use for connecting to an existing Jackrabbit repository ?

See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RemoteAccess

BR,

Jukka Zitting