Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "R.J. Steinert" <rj...@rjsteinert.com> on 2014/01/03 17:11:01 UTC

Re: How to configure a limit on simultaneous replications?

We're also seeing this issue on computers with more power than the
Raspberry Pi. The following `/replicator/_all_docs?include_docs=true`,
`_config`, and `_active_tasks` are all from an ASUS R503U Laptop with
the following specs:

AMD E2-1800, 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB Hard drive

CPU Load is at 50%, Memory Usage is 50%.  The `werl (32 bit)` process
account for 1.4% CPU load and 30MB of Memory Usage.

As you can see in active_tasks.json, there are about 17 active
replication tasks. Some have varying success but the status of the
replications do not change for days on end. This laptop is connected
to an extremely fast connection (Cambridge Innovation Center next to
MIT) connecting with the Cloudant servers. After reducing the
`49f8c6cf5587c1504c54121997ca1ff5` doc, the replication processes just
fine.

- R.J. Steinert (https://github.com/rjsteinert)