Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ArnabK <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/16 01:04:08 UTC

Solr join not working for multiple collection in slorCloud env

I have the following scenario:

Collection A has:

<field name="id" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="type" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

Collection B has:

<field name="uid" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="name" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/

Now I need to join this two collection like : For all type='xxx' from
Collection A, get me all data from Collection B.

Am trying this query which isn't working:
http://localhost:8983/solr/B/select?wt=json&indent=true&q=*:*&fq={!join
from=id to=uid fromIndex=A}type:xxx

Any help?

Re: Solr join not working for multiple collection in slorCloud env

Posted by Tomoko Uchida <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's just FYI,
Join query is (currently) not supported at distributed environment. It
would be same at SolrCloud mode (I have not tried.)
Please see "Limitations" notation this page, if you have not.
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join

Thanks,
Tomoko