Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Ronnie F. Moller, Jr." <ro...@redbaronconsulting.com> on 2012/06/20 22:33:49 UTC

Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

RE: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by "Ronnie F. Moller, Jr." <ro...@redbaronconsulting.com>.
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Ronnie F. Moller, Jr. <
> ronnie@redbaronconsulting.com> wrote:
>

> > > I am moving servers and in the process upgrading to 1.2.0.
> > >
> > > My plan is to move the couchdb files manually. The old server
> > > definition
> > has a util driver of couch-1.0.1, so I updated this to 1.2.0.
> > >
> > > Now when I run the web interface I get a growing log file and the
> > > erlang
> > debug window shows lots of numbers just streaming.
> > >
> > > Is this an upgrade process, or did I make a bad assumption on the
> > process?

Not Sure..How would I tell?

Re: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com>.
Is it building views?

RE: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by "Ronnie F. Moller, Jr." <ro...@redbaronconsulting.com>.

I believe the file is corrupt. We have restored from a good backup, and
it is now working as designed.

Re: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

RE: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by "Ronnie F. Moller, Jr." <ro...@redbaronconsulting.com>.

Re: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 21 June 2012 05:46, Ronnie F. Moller, Jr.

Thanks
Dave

RE: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by "Ronnie F. Moller, Jr." <ro...@redbaronconsulting.com>.

I apologize - I should have included that information:

Windows SBS 2011.
CouchDB-1.2.0-R15B01

> Did you verify the installation before moving your DB files in?
>
> -> fresh install of couchdb to an empty directory launch any browser
> -> except IE open futon right-hand side is a "verify install" button
>
> Does that work?

Yes, Runs good. (Time to Relax)

> If not, restart couchdb & don't run futon, just provide output using
>
>     curl -v http://localhost:5984/
>
> And please copy & paste the output from the werl window somewhere (not
> in email) please, e.g. friendpaste?
>
> Unfortunately I'm off for the evening here, I'll look tomorrow for
your
> update.
>
> A+
> Dave

After everything runs normal, I copy the database into the data folder
(did not make any other changes).

The log is as follows. I did not include very many numbers after the
badmatch error, as there was a lot of them, and at this point, I think
they are not meaningful.

[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:27 GMT] [info] [<0.35.0>] Apache CouchDB has
started on http://127.0.0.1:5984/
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/index.html 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/style/layout.css?0.11.0 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/json2.js 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/sha1.js 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/jquery.js?1.6.2 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/jquery.couch.js?0.11.0 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/jquery.dialog.js?0.11.0 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/futon.js?0.11.0 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/futon.browse.js?0.11.0 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/script/futon.format.js?0.11.0 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/image/bg.png 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/_sidebar.html 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_all_dbs 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/image/add.png 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/image/thead.gif 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/image/logo.png 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/image/sidebar-toggle.png 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_utils/image/spinner_33.gif 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_session 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET /
200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_replicator/ 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:35 GMT] [info] [<0.146.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - GET
/_users/ 200
[Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:28:37 GMT] [error] [<0.165.0>] ** Generic server
<0.165.0> terminating
** Last message in was {pread_iolist,4294839469}
** When Server state ==
{file,{file_descriptor,prim_file,{#Port<0.4772>,720}},
                              4296332563}
** Reason for termination ==
**
{{badmatch,{ok,<<135,16,162,91,218,23,76,50,164,55,228,116,118,22,179,8,

75,33,140,236,36,72,68,201,9,103,27,68,216,132,100,82,

135,179,179,53,196,69,130,204,34,206,42,132,78,33,17,17,

82,33,88,241,196,115,104,236,145,25,90,50,5,69,117,84,87,

90,89,29,8,34,157,242,221,90,18,221,66,35,72,68,68,68,

174,8,132,237,77,153,37,44,69,62,39,104,68,220,163,43,

144,132,136,89,58,38,206,136,210,38,195,17,22,68,52,48,
<<SNIP>>>

Re: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

RE: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0