Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/12 04:11:03 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Hive 1.2.0 release candidate 3

Hi Folks,

We've cleared all the blockers listed for 1.2.0 release, either
committing them, or deferring out to an eventual 1.2.1 stabilization
release. (Any deferrals were a result of discussion between myself and
the committer responsible for the issue.) More details are available
here : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+1.2+Release+Status

Apache Hive 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2 is available here:

https://people.apache.org/~khorgath/releases/1.2.0_RC3/artifacts/

My public key used for signing is as available from the hive
committers key list : http://www.apache.org/dist/hive/KEYS

Maven artifacts are available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-1034

Source tag for RC3 is up on the apache git repo as tag
"release-1.2.0-rc3" (Browseable view over at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hive.git;a=tag;h=826695b20a1fb9e813bbfa19093e533caf3b0c15
)

Since this has minimal changes from the previous RC, I would
secondarily propose that voting conclude in 72 hours from the RC2
announcement today morning.

Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 1.2.0 release candidate 3

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Checked signatures and release notes. Built from scratch and ran a few queries both with binaries and bins built from source. Looks good to me.

Thanks?,

Gunther.

________________________________
+1.  Checked LICENSE, NOTICE, README, and RELEASE_NOTES, signatures, looked for .class or .jar files, did a quick build.

Alan.

[cid:part1.05000604.06000908@gmail.com]
Sushanth Sowmyan<ma...@gmail.com>
May 11, 2015 at 19:11

Posted by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Makes sense. I just pushed out an RC4, and have asked for a 30 hour
voting period for this one.

Thanks again for the fix!

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com>.