Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Jeff MAURY <jf...@scort.com> on 2001/05/31 14:34:11 UTC

Plugin Transport providers

Hello,

SOAP Apache supports the notion the pluggable transport provider.
However, the choice is given to the client that needs to specify the
transport to use. Is there is a way to have a mecanism that could guess
the right transport according to the form of the URL given, just as the
URL class is doing for the stream handler ?

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY
SCORT CTO

 #####   #####  ####### ######  #######
#     # #     # #     # #     #    #
#       #       #     # #     #    #
 #####  #       #     # ######     #
      # #       #     # #   #      #
#     # #     # #     # #    #     #
 #####   #####  ####### #     #    #

  Extending the net to the mainframe
  ==================================

About the VB-ApacheSOAP sample

Posted by Ricky Cardozo <Ri...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Bojan!!

I have been trying to run the VB-Apache SOAP as well and getting the same
results as well. I guess the strange message is because in somehow the
server is sending you back a message based on any other protocol instead
using SOAP (HTML for example...) . I guess also it is because the
StringBeanInOut  section of the sample is based on a complex structure. I
have not figured it out yet but if you got some idea about it I will
appreciate if you can share it with me (and the rest of the soapers here...)

Anyway I would like to get in touch with you regarding MS-SOAP and
ApacheSOAP and how they can interoperate together.

Best Regards

Cyber

Posted by Frederic Jeanne <fj...@symetrx.com>.
The transport provider is defined in the Deployment descriptor of
your SOAP service. At runtime, the provider class is dynamically loaded
thanks to the Provider field of your targeted SOAP service.
To change the targeted provider, create a new service URN.
If you want a more sophisticated scheme, write your own provider, it's quite
intuitive.

Hope this can help you !

FJ.