Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ryan H <rh...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/30 18:29:15 UTC

NiFi Processor Lifecycle Diagram

Hi,
   I'm looking for a NiFi Processor Lifecycle Diagram to show when the
lifecycle events get kicked off, such as @OnPropertyModified, or
@Started/Stopped, etc.

   I've read through the docs a few times, although it's been a while since
I've really scoured all the links, I can't seem to find one.

  Anyone have a link to one?  (I would totally print this and hang it up in
the office.)

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: NiFi Processor Lifecycle Diagram

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There is actually a JIRA for that [1]. Feel free to add attachments to this
JIRA or submit a PR with your work.
I'm sure someone will review and get it merged into our documentation!

Thanks

Posted by Ryan H <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for links.

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Ryan,

I am not aware of a diagram, but the best resource for the component lifecycle is the Developer Guide section on it [1]. The “Apache NiFi In Depth” document may also provide some good information in the context of flowfile lifecycle [2]. If you do make a diagram of this, I’m sure it would benefit the community. Thanks.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html#component-lifecycle <https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html#component-lifecycle>
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/nifi-in-depth.html#life-of-a-flowfile <https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/nifi-in-depth.html#life-of-a-flowfile>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org