Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Tom Coleman <to...@soaringclub.org> on 2016/02/06 22:46:20 UTC

Tests, tutorials

I’m trying to get a handle on TableView binding and get errors trying to run the DataBindingTest (org.apache.pivot.tests).

Is it supposed to work?  It almost looks like two conflicting tests: the .bxml seems to load different data than the Java program.

I have been working from the 2.0.4 release but the DataBinding test appears to be the same in the trunk.

On another front.  What about the WebQueries tutorial?  Yahoo Pipes was discontinued last year.

That leaves StockTracker as pretty much the only remaining tutorial that “does something”.

It would be nice to replace WebQueries.  Any ideas come to mind?

Thanks

Tom

Re: Tests, tutorials

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
tests should work (both in 2.0.x and in trunk for 2.1.0), tomorrow I'll do
some checks any say something more accurate.

Probably the WebQueries tutorial need to be updated, thanks.
Did you tried the other that loads songs data from a live service ?

Let's update soon.

Bye

Re: Tests, tutorials

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
I made some fixes to some of the data binding methods.  Maybe I didn't
change this test program accordingly ... I'll check into it too.

Thanks for the tests!
~Roger