Posted to announce@apachecon.com by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> on 2012/10/02 18:56:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] The Apache Software Foundation Announces Call For Participation for ApacheCon North America 2013

>> this message is also available online at http://s.apache.org/IXT

Portland, Oregon sets the stage for "Open Source Community Leadership Drives Enterprise-Grade Innovation", the theme for the 25th edition of Apache's popular conference series

Forest Hill, MD – 2 October 2012 – The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of nearly 150 Open Source projects and initiatives, today announced ApacheCon North America 2013. The ASF's official conference, trainings, and expo returns to North America 24 February-2 March 2013 at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower in Portland, Oregon.

ApacheCon draws Open Source users, developers, gurus, students, novices, community managers, and enthusiasts to address today's issues, opportunities, and solutions focusing on the ASF's many diverse projects and initiatives. The event takes place 24 February-2 March 2013, starting with pre-conference trainings, BarCamp, and hackathon the first two days; main conference + expo 26-28 February; followed by post-conference sprints, workshops, and team building events.

This year's theme is "Open Source Community Leadership Drives Enterprise-Grade Innovation", reflecting the enormous reach of the ASF's software projects, from the ubiquitous Apache HTTP Server to dozens of initiatives in the Apache Incubator and Labs such as Allura, CloudStack, Cordova (nee Phonegap), Flex, and OpenOffice.

The Call For Papers is now open through 5 November 2012. Early-bird registration will open 23 November 2012.

Developers and users of Apache technologies are invited to share their experiences, ideas, inspirations and knowledge. From the flagship Apache HTTP Server to Cassandra to Hadoop to Lucene/Solr to OODT to TrafficServer, Apache products power half the Internet, petabytes of data, teraflops of operations, billions of objects, and enhance the lives of countless users and developers.

The ApacheCon program is created by Apache Members and Committers for the community-at-large: all content is carefully reviewed and selected by Apache Project Management Committee contributors. All those with an interest in Apache software are welcome to submit a proposal and celebrate the diversity of the projects under the Apache banner.

Who Should Attend
ApacheCon is for everyone! ASF affiliation is not required to present at, attend, or otherwise participate in ApacheCon. First held in 1999 for developers and users of the Apache Server to meet face-to-face, ApacheCon is the ASF's official conference, trainings, and expo series, and the public showcase for Apache innovations.

ApacheCon is the ideal opportunity for those currently developing Apache-based solutions, as well as those interested in committing code to an Apache project, contributing to the Apache Incubator, or enhancing their Open Source products and community practices. In addition, ApacheCon is a great way to meet the individual contributors behind some of the industry's most popular Apache projects through hands-on educational sessions and ample networking opportunities.

Stay Informed + Get Involved!
Keep up-to-date on the latest developments by subscribing to announce@apachecon.com and following @ApacheCon on Twitter. Those interested in becoming a part of the event planning process are invited to join and contribute to the apachecon-discuss mailing list at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/ . Locals and those familiar with the Portland area are invited to contribute to the "local guide" wiki as well!

Important Dates
5 November 2012: Call For Participation closes
23 November 2012: Early-bird registration opens
24-25 February 2013: Pre-Conference Trainings, BarCamp, and Hackathon
26-28 February 2013: Main Conference + Expo
1-2 March 2013: Post-Conference Sprints, workshops, team building

ApacheCon is produced by The Open Bastion in partnership with The Apache Software Foundation.

For more information and to submit a presentation proposal, visit http://apachecon.com/.

About The Open Bastion
The Open Bastion is the events arm of Open Source technology and education consultancy Holden Web. Founded by PyCon creator Steve Holden, The Open Bastion specializes in producing high-quality, Open Source and corporate technology events in the United States and Europe. Deeply committed to developing and supporting the Python community, Holden chaired the first three PyCon events and launched the OpenPython conference series held bi-coastally and regionally across America. Building on its success developing, seeding, and supporting Open Source community events, the company’s planning and management services have grown to include DjangoCon US in 2010, OpenDjango in 2012, and ApacheCon North America 2013. More information, including upcoming conferences, is available at http://theopenbastion.com/ and @TheOpenBastion on Twitter.

About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees nearly one hundred fifty leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server — the world's most popular Web server software. Through the ASF's meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way", more than 400 individual Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely available enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(3)(c) not-for-profit charity, funded by individual donations and corporate sponsors including AMD, Basis Technology, Citrix, Cloudera, Facebook, Go Daddy, Google, HP, Hortonworks, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft, PSW Group, SpringSource/VMware,
 WANdisco, and Yahoo!. For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on Twitter.

"Apache", "Allura", "Apache Allura", "Cassandra", "Apache Cassandra", "CloudStack”, "Apache CloudStack”, "Cordova", "Apache Cordova", "Flex", "Apache Flex", "Hadoop", "Apache Hadoop", "Apache HTTP Server", "Lucene", "Apache Lucene", "OODT", "Apache OODT", "OpenOffice", "Apache OpenOffice", "Traffic Server", "Apache Traffic Server", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

# # #
Contact:
Sally Khudairi
Vice President
The Apache Software Foundation
press@apache.org+1 617 921 8656

Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] The Apache Software Foundation Announces Call For Participation for ApacheCon North America 2013

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
FYI:

Please consider submitting CloudStack related talks for ACNA.

--David

Participation for ApacheCon North America 2013
To: "announce@apachecon.com" <an...@apachecon.com>

Re: Airavata for ApacheCon NA 2013

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

The deadline for apache con NA is today, please provide feedback or add any items to Airavata Talk:

Here is a draft - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VHOwxfudtNBU0kzQ5oQL7sawvvtk3DFaozRVu1xlhTE/edit#

Thanks,
Suresh

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
forwarded from announce@apachecon.com

> [...]

 WANdisco, and Yahoo!. For more information, visit
http://www.apache.org/or follow @TheASF on Twitter.

"Apache", "Allura", "Apache Allura", "Cassandra", "Apache Cassandra",
"CloudStack”, "Apache CloudStack”, "Cordova", "Apache Cordova", "Flex",
"Apache Flex", "Hadoop", "Apache Hadoop", "Apache HTTP Server", "Lucene",
"Apache Lucene", "OODT", "Apache OODT", "OpenOffice", "Apache OpenOffice",
"Traffic Server", "Apache Traffic Server", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks
of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.

# # #
Contact:
Sally Khudairi
Vice President
The Apache Software Foundation
press@apache.org+1 617 921 8656

>> for instructions on how to unsubscribe from Apache News and
Announcements emails, please see
http://apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html#foundation-announce

Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] The Apache Software Foundation Announces Call For Participation for ApacheCon North America 2013

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
FYI.

Please consider submitting CouchDB related talks for ACNA.

Participation for ApacheCon North America 2013
To: "announce@apachecon.com" <an...@apachecon.com>