Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by R1 J1 <rj...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/26 02:32:01 UTC

cassandro nodes restarts

we see errors typically like these

WARN  [Native-Transport-Requests-3] 2018-07-25 20:51:38,520
BatchStatement.java:301 - Batch for "keyspace.table"
 is of size 19.386KiB, exceeding specified threshold of 5.000KiB by
14.386KiB.

Regards
R1J1

Re: cassandro nodes restarts

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Do the same nodes reboot or is it arbitrary? I’m wondering if it’s an isolated incident related to dat / traffic skew or could happen on any coordinator

Rahul

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Need to review java gc, system , network, disk, memory, node, and table statistics. A lot can be discerned from visually examining the charts. Eg. if the nodes with the most local reads is failing or is it the one with the most writes or is it completely unrelated.

Since it’s a distributed system you need to review the data points together for all nodes. Data is the only way to see what’s going on. Either connect Prometheus / Grafana , get Datadog , New Relic, or something else to see the patterns across the cluster.

https://blog.anant.us/resources-for-monitoring-datastax-cassandra-spark-solr-performance/

I assembled that list recently — I would even add that getting system logs into ELK or Splunk could also show some patterns otherwise not detected tailing and gripping.

Rahul

Posted by R1 J1 <rj...@gmail.com>.