Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2015/01/06 02:43:47 UTC

level of interest in database file parsing?

All,

Thanks to Nick for adding mime info for db files, we can now identify several common db files.

What is the community's level of interest in adding parsers for databases that store data in one file, such as .mdb, .dbf, .sqlite, .hsqldb ... (others?)?

Most of the jdbc drivers are not Apache friendly and we couldn't bundle these, but it might be useful to have a DBParserBase with a working example (derby, maybe?) that users could extend for the specific dbs if necessary (they'd also have to throw the .jar on their path, of course).

       Best,

                    Tim