Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/04/16 07:20:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.99.2

This is the second cut of the Sqoop 2 branch, version 1.99.2. The
purpose of this release is to provide early bits to our users so that
they can test the product and provide early feedback.

*** Please cast your vote by Friday 2013-04-22 ***

The list of fixed issues:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sqoop.git;a=blob;f=CHANGELOG.txt;h=c5fb0e364a1f7b4c6c84f2c6b53de5e661b5dcde;hb=3e31b7d3eefb3696d4970704364dea05a9ea2a59

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5, *.sha1)  :
http://people.apache.org/~jarcec/sqoop-1.99.2-rc0/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sqoop.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.99.2-rc0

The KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/sqoop/KEYS

Thanks

Venkat

Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.99.2

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

* Checked signature and checksum files
* Run tests
* Checked LICENSE file
* Checked other top level files (NOTICE, CHANGELOG, ...)
* Run basic import job on following versions:
** Hadoop 1.x - works fine
** Hadoop 2.x
- Issue with incorrect detection of local mode, filled SQOOP-1002, have easy workaround ~ not a show stopper
- Hit HADOOP-8726, users must be on at least Hadoop 2.0.2 otherwise NPE will be thrown

Jarcec

Posted by vasanth kumar <rj...@gmail.com>.
+1
Great! Thanks Jarek and Venkat for your hard work and release.

Thanks,
Vasanth kumar

--
Regards
Vasanth kumar RJ

Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.99.2

Posted by abhijeet gaikwad <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Kathleen Ting <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Kathleen Ting <ka...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Venkat <ve...@gmail.com>.
Third time is the charm.   I had messed up the date last time also :(.  So,
Please read the vote by date as 2013-04-23 Tuesday

Thanks

Venkat

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Venkat Ranganathan <

--
Regards

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.