Posted to user@atlas.apache.org by Carlos Diogo <cd...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/24 11:51:36 UTC

rdbms_table - no schema tab, only bulk column list

Dear team
Is there a specific reason why for rdbms_table objects teh schema tab in
the entity UI is not present? This makes very to look at the column list
and comments
Any easy way of enabling the behaviour?
Thanks in advance

--
Os meus cumprimentos / Best regards /  Mit freundlichen Grüße
Carlos Diogo

Re: rdbms_table - no schema tab, only bulk column list

Posted by Keval Bhatt <kb...@apache.org>.
Carlos,

I have committed the fix for the above issue please check and let me know
if you need any help.

Jira Id : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-2941

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
For Hive, the schema tab contents are driven by following details in type-def of hive_table and hive_column:

hive_table:

  "typeDefOptions": {

    "schemaElementsAttribute": "columns"

  }

hive_column:

  "typeDefOptions": {

    "schemaAttributes": "[\"name\", \"description\", \"owner\", \"type\", \"comment\", \"position\"]"

  }

Similar typeDefOptions should be added to rdbms_table and rdbms_column entity-types, so that UI will render schema tabs.

rdbms_table:

  "typeDefOptions": {

    "schemaElementsAttribute": "columns"

  }

rdbms_column:

  "typeDefOptions": {

    "schemaAttributes": "[\"name\", \"description\", \"owner\", \"data_type\", \"comment\", \" isPrimaryKey\", \" isNullable\"]"

  }