Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roman Schlueter <ro...@esc-electronics.de> on 2001/11/12 12:14:15 UTC

Invalid virtual host name

Hello,

I'm trying to combine Apache 1.3.x and Tomcat 4 with following
environment:

Linux SuSE 7.2
JDK 1.0.3_02
Apache 1.3.22
Tomcat 4.0.1
WebApp module nightly build from 2001/11/01

I have compiled Apache and mod_webapp.so by using apxs and apr.
The problem is the statement 'WebAppDeploy' in the apache configuration
file 'httpd.conf'.
At startup Apache will print out 'Invalid virtual host name' with the
reference to the line
where the entry 'WebAppDeploy' exists. I have followed the standard
configuration documentation
and added lines below:

LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

Please, can anybody spend me a suggestion to solve this problem. I have
seen I'm not alone with
this problem, but I have not found a solution. Thanks.

Best regards
Roman

Re: Invalid virtual host name

Posted by Roman Schlueter <ro...@esc-electronics.de>.
... yes, that was it. Now, it works fine. Thanks.
I remember there is a notice in the documents.

Best regards
Roman