Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2020/08/16 22:42:25 UTC

Todos for POI 5.0

Hi Devs,

there are a quite a few todos left, before we can start with a release candidate:

a) fix the maven poms to reflect the current dependencies
maybe we need to look into using profiles for Java 8 vs JPMS

b) release xmlbeans

c) fix the sonar build and check if we have any blockers and vulnerabilities

d) create a sample OSGi project e.g. with Apache Felix and check the interoperability of JPMS and OSGi [1]

e) update the servicemix bundle for POI and XmlBeans

f) remove all the obsolete deprecates
HWPF contains deprecates without alternatives, maybe undeprecate them as nobody cares about those ...

g) test and provide a patch for TIKA

h) check/fix the documentation on how to use the modules

i) maybe try the modules in an application server and see how they behave

j) discuss if we might want to consider #56205, now that the schema jars will be updated

k) replace further (integer) constants with enums?

Please append and comment the list if you have further ideas ... and yes "don't break everything" is there too, but with semantic versioning its tempting to do breaking changes on the major version. ... and if you want to adopt one of the points, please do so.

Best wishes,
Andi.

[1]

https://blog.osgi.org/2013/02/javautilserviceloader-in-osgi.html

https://adapt.to/content/dam/adaptto/production/presentations/2018/adaptTo2018-Java9-and-OSGi-R7-with-Apache-Felix-and-Sling-Carsten-Ziegeler-Karl-Pauls.pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/original.media_file.download_attachment.file/adaptTo2018-Java9-and-OSGi-R7-with-Apache-Felix-and-Sling-Carsten-Ziegeler-Karl-Pauls.pdf

Re: Todos for POI 5.0

Posted by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it>.
Hi all,

There is additionally a change I started to work on in May:

l) extend from XDDF for paragraphs and runs in XSLF and XSSF

I had unfortunately not been able to make the final changes.

Best regards,
Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ

⁣Obter o BlueMail para Android ​

Re: Todos for POI 5.0

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi Andi,

I'd like to adopt (d) and perhaps (e). OSGi is something I work with at my
day job and would like to assist.

Regards,
Yegor