Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tiberiu Ungureanu <z3...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/03 00:13:03 UTC

File lost

Hi! Something very unpleasant happened to me. I was editing a text with
Open Office Writer when a power outage occurred. After the power went back
on, I noticed that everything I had worked on for a week was lost. Please
let me know how I can recover the lost .odt file. Thank you very much if
you can help me. Sincerely, Tiberius, Romania

Re: File lost

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 03:13:03 +0300
Tiberiu Ungureanu <z3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi! Something very unpleasant happened to me. I was editing a text with
> Open Office Writer when a power outage occurred. After the power went back
> on, I noticed that everything I had worked on for a week was lost. Please
> let me know how I can recover the lost .odt file. Thank you very much if
> you can help me. Sincerely, Tiberius, Romania

The files should still remain on your computer in the locations in which they were originally saved.  As you start OpenOffice and use /File /Open and its navigation buttons to manoeuvre to the locations in which these files were Saved, as you reopen each, they will once more appear on /File /Recent Documents, which is merely a shortcut list to those documents.

--
Rory O'Farrell